The IIBA offers an Entry Certificate in Business Analysis ( ECBA ). To qualify for ECBA certification, candidates must demonstrate an understanding of business analysis. This exam has a qualifier for entry-level professionals.
In October 2016, the business analyst ECBA exam was introduced. Business analysts of various levels of experience. It assessed for their competency during this exam.
Why should you take the Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) exam?
There are a variety of certification programs in the market available to meet the growing demand for business analysis in the global market. These certification programs in business analysis greatly focus on improving the knowledge and skills of BA professionals by enhancing their multilevel competencies. With ECBA certification, business analysis professionals can demonstrate their expertise in gathering intelligence. As well as financial support and access to the right resources to ensure a project is completed on time, within budget, and within scope. As well as contributing to the success of the business as a whole.
Who is eligible to apply for the ECBA Certification?
ECBA is the best exam for candidates who want a career in Business Analysis. It is advisable to consider getting ECBA certified if you fall into one of the following roles:
- Fresh graduates, as well as individuals enrolled in business analysis academic programs, may seek careers in business analysis.
- Professionals who are seeking a career switch or change.
- Function managers that handle Business Analysts.
ECBA Exam Details
During the examination, candidates are required to answer 50 multiple-choice questions. With one house to finish the test, candidates must be well prepared before they take up the exam.
To register for the exam, the fees include;
- IIBA Member- $ 60 USD for the application fee and $ 110 USD is the exam fee.
- IIBA Non-Member- $ 60 USD for the application fee and $ 235 is the exam fee.
In order to qualify for ECBA certification, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- A minimum of 21 hours of Professional Development training in the last four years.
- Compliance with ECBA ethics codes.
ECBA exams can be taken from anywhere using a web-based platform. The only equipment needed for taking the ECBA exam is a computer with a working webcam and microphone and an active internet connection.
Aspects of the ECBA Certification Exam
For aspirants seeking this certification, the ECBA certification offers a variety of innovative features. ECBA exams include the following aspects:
- The ECBA exam can be taken by anyone with no business analysis experience. There are many career advancement opportunities in the business analysis field, and certifications like the ECBA can help you advance your career.
- It is possible to take the ECBA exam from your home. You do not need to travel. Besides your computer or laptop, you’ll need a microphone, a camera, and an internet connection.
- The ECBA certification examination does not require any prerequisites or recertification requirements as it does not fit into the business analysis certification program.
- It costs less to become ECBA certified rather than to become a certified business analyst. The ECBA certification has a good choice. If you are new to the domain of business analysis and you wish to demonstrate your competence.
- To pass and master ECBA, you must understand the BABOK concepts as well as practice enough ECBA questions.
- Aspirants do not need to take instructor-led training for the ECBA exam, even though BABOK covers all of the exam objectives.
- A typical ECBA exam question will not be encountered very often. Questions are all derived directly from the BABOK guide.
What is the ECBA Syllabus?
IIBA ECBA exams are based upon the following IIBA knowledge areas:
- Planning and monitoring of business analysis accounts for 5%.
- Collaborative elicitation accounts for 20%.
- Lifecycle management accounts for 20%.
- Analysis and design of requirements accounts for 25%.
Where can I take the ECBA exam?
The ECBA exam can be taken from anywhere at any time. PSI administers the ECBA exam, and there is no need to attend a testing center in order to take the exam. An Internet connection and a computer with a webcam and microphone are all that you need.
An Overview of ECBA Certification Preparation
We provide you with the most effective ECBA preparation guides to consider when taking the ECBA test in order to obtain your certification in the first attempt. ECBA certification preparation strategies you can use to pass the certification exam on your first try. Here’s what you need to know about becoming ECBA certified:
Learn about Business Analysis Basics
How long have you been in the business analysis field? Yes, you should master the basic concepts of business analysis before proceeding to the certification. Understand how it operates by reading the definition and learning the definition of business analysis. In addition to understanding software development, you should also be familiar with the various phases of software development if you want to pursue a career in business analysis. Understanding the BABOK guide will help you grow as an analyst.
Get to know the BABOK Guide
ECBA certifications have a focused and explicit course curriculum. Before you examine ECBA exam topics in detail. It is highly recommended that you read through the BABOK guide. The ECBA exam objectives will help you get a deep understanding of the exam objectives once you have read and understood the BABOK guide.
The following is the ECBA Certification exam scheme:
ECBA Certification Exam Scheme
|General Business Analysis Areas||Weightage (%)|
|Business Analysis & the Business Analysis Professional||2.50%|
|Business Analysis Key Concepts||5%|
|BABOK® Guide Knowledge Areas||Weightage (%)|
|Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring||5%|
|Requirements Life Cycle Management||20%|
|Requirements Analysis and Design Definition||24%|
|Elicitation & Collaboration||20%|
A candidate must be able to cover all the knowledge areas specified in the ECBA exam blueprint in order to pass the ECBA certification exam.
Enrol in the IIBA ECBA Certification Training
ECBA certification training by any IIBA EEP will prepare you to pass the exam if you do not have much knowledge about the exam objectives. On the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) website are listed many Endorsed Education Providers (EEP) that are authorized and recognized by the IIBA. Providers of business analysis training for ECBA exams are listed here. You can start the training by finding one close to you.
Practice by taking ECBA Mock Tests
The importance of practice tests and mock exams. You have completed your preparation through BABOK and ECBA EEP. The next step is to take ECBA practice tests to assess your level of preparation.
To prepare for the test, take practice tests based on different knowledge areas first. You take the full-length practice tests and you have achieved a minimum passing score of 80%. Tests taken 2-3 days before the actual exam. The ECBA certification exam passed in one sitting if you continue to score 80% or more consistently during the mock test.
For the best chance of success on the ECBA exam, make sure to prepare through the best ECBA practice tests.
With all the preparation you have put into your ECBA exam, you should consider it a serious matter. It has essential to prepare before the exam. The day before the exam on test day since this will lead to success. It will allow you to achieve your maximum potential. You have able to develop more career opportunities. You have pass the certification on your first attempt necessary. This will give you a sense of confidence. It will take more challenging projects for motivate. You have become a better Business Analyst.